Founder’s Pocket Guide: Raising Angel Capital
By 1×1 Media
Talk Confidently with Angel Investors. Created to save you dozens of hours of research and help you avoid common pitfalls, this guide helps you build your angel investing process knowledge base, sort out key terminology, and understand the moving parts of equity fundraising.
Get Quick and Complete Answers. As the newest offering in the Founder’s Pocket Guide series, this concise guide gives entrepreneurs a complete overview of the angel funding process, answering the most frequent questions entrepreneurs face as they build new companies.
Save Time and Avoid Pitfalls. If you are new to the startup funding process and need to raise angel capital, start with this book. It strips away non essentials and provides you with fundamental, easy-to-reference information so you can move on to building your venture. Concise explanations help you understand angel investor expectations and go into investment discussions prepared and knowledgeable.
Questions answered in this guide include:
- Is my startup really “investor ready?”
- How much can my startup legally raise?
- How much equity should I give up to investors?
- How much money is realistic to raise from angels?
- What is a pre-money valuation and how can I determine the right amount?
- What do terms such as dilution, convertible debt, and cap table mean?
- What is a term sheet, and how does it affect an investment deal?
- What is the difference between preferred shares and common shares?
- What stage does my startup need to be at to be interesting to angel investors?